People who use smartphones don’t usually think about fonts. However, if you’re serious about customizing and personalizing your Android phone, fonts can be extremely useful. You can completely transform the look and feel of your Android system by changing the font.
While installing a new font on a computer is as simple as clicking a button or copying and pasting the new font files into the fonts folder, the process is slightly different on an Android phone.
Smartphone company such as Samsung, LG, Oppo, OnePlus, Vivo, and Xiaomi allow users to change the system font. While other smartphone manufacturers offer a variety of fonts, but OnePlus only offers two options like: Roboto and OnePlus Slate.
How to Change the font style
We’ve listed the steps to change the font on some popular smartphone brands’ phones below, but if you own a phone from another brand, look for an option under ‘display’ or ‘themes’.
Change the font on Samsung
- Open Settings.
- Tap Display.
- Tap Font and screen zoom.
- Select your choice of Font Style and you’re done.
You can also download more fonts from Samsung Galaxy Store.
Change Font on Xiaomi Devices
Xiaomi users can download and install new fonts via the Themes app, but the fonts are only available in a few countries, including India and Hong Kong. If you do not live in these areas, you can change your phone’s region to India and then download a new font. Changing your region also means you’ll start receiving software updates to your new location.
- Open the Themes app.
- Select Fonts.
- Choose and apply the font you want.
Change the font on Oppo Devices
- Open the Theme Store. If the Theme Store version is older than 6.4 then update the app.
- Tap the Font icon – it’s a T in a box.
- You can now download the font you want or try it.
Change the font on Vivo Devices
- Open the Theme application.
- Tap on the Font icon in the bottom bar.
- Choose the font you want and apply it.
- Many of the fonts are paid on Vivo’s Theme store.
Changing the font on OnePlus phones
- Go to Settings.
- Open Customization.
- Select the font you want.
Changing the font on LG phones
- Open Settings.
- Go to Display.
- Tap on Font.
- Select the font you want, or download more fonts from LG SmartWorld.
Changing the font with a launcher
If your phone doesn’t have built-in support for changing fonts and you don’t want to root it, you can change fonts with a third-party launcher like Nova. Unlike built-in tools, which can change the font for the entire system, launchers can only change the font for the launcher elements.
Change font using Nova Launcher
- Open Nova’s Settings app.
- Now, you can go in the Icon layout under the individual settings for the Home screen and App drawer, to change the font style.
- You’ll have to change the font for all three individually.
Changing Fonts in Action Launcher
Tap the “Action Settings” app.
In the Action Launcher Settings menu, tap the “Appearance” option.
Scroll down and then tap “Font.”
Choose one of the custom Action Launcher fonts available within the “Font” menu. Tap on one of the options to confirm your choice and then select the back button to return to your app drawer.
The font used in the app drawer and on your home screen will change to match your font selection.